Tuesday 29 May 2012


Evaluation for 'Sanguinary Creeps'

I am really pleased with my DC Publication, because I feel like it sums my design up completely. Here are a few bullit points of what I wanted my DC to say;

  1. My practice is about exploration
    This was achieved through intentionally not having a contents page, I want the reader to flick through and pick out the pages they find interesting or stimulating.

  1. I'm interested in literature
I had excerpts and quotes from my favourite books and articles from my favourite writers.

  1. I am nostalgic about aesthetic
    When designing, photographing and documenting my work I like to achieve a nostalgic/retro feel reminiscent of a 90's/80's text book, and so I chose to have my book spiral bound with an 80's type on the front.

  1. The design speaks for itself
    I felt I unnecessary to add my own comments about the designs/designers I chose because they were in the book for a reason, it is obvious they influenced me.

One thing I regret about this brief was not doing a series of books, and also putting money aside so that I could get it properly printed, I printed is on Lulu but it wasn't as nice as I expected. Now I have time I think that I am going to create that series I wished I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment